Saturday, May 10, 2008

WiiWare: Now with 100% More....fun?


Nintendo of America has finally managed to release a new channel for the Wii - the Everybody's Nintendo channel. First I was excited about the channel and then I realized it's just stealthy way for Nintendo to collect usage data on their console and market to you. How lame is that? Digressions aside, one of the videos on the channel was a WiiWare video, intended to drum up interest in the upcoming feature. I was sorely unimpressed. Most games look fairly...well...boring. The only things that grabbed my passing interest were the Dr. Mario Online RX and the Final Fantasy title. Dr. Mario holds little interest because I've played it before and as for the Final Fantasy title.... Sorry, but the WFC has provided crappy service at best, so I'm hardly going to actually PAY to use it. No sir, the two remotely interesting titles have mitigating reasons to keep me from playing. If this is what Nintendo is going to offer for their original software downloads then I'm certainly glad I didn't go popping out for an SD card recently, my internal space will be plenty enough.

No comments: