Saturday, March 8, 2008

Super Smash Bros Brawl Week



Who is ready to play Smash? "After one soul crushing delay" and months of waiting, tonight (or tomorrow, if you like) at 12:01am, Super Smash Bros Brawl will be officially unleashed on the North American public.

Personally, I'm stoked like crazy and somewhat upset at the same time. I have a syndrome that periodically pops up - it doesn't have a name, but it is where I go spin crazy with anticipation of a release I've waited multiple years for. In recent years this has included Super Smash Bros Melee, Kingdom Hearts II (and Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+), New Super Mario Bros, and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. These are games that I get incredibly excited for - and with Brawl, I'm going to be taking some time off work (a first). Tonight one more title can be checked off the list. So why am I upset? I work tomorrow at good ol' 0800 - and it's time to kick the clock forward an hour to celebrate daylight savings time. The vacation kicks in half way into my day. But this is Brawl - so screw sleep - I have some asses to kick.

To help celebrate the release of Brawl I will be posting daily this week with small random thoughts, impressions, and tidbits that strike my fancy, culminating with a special full review of the game on Friday. If you want to get in on the action, feel free to comment on any posts (including this one) letting me know what your take is, or what you want to see through the week. The only rule: Do NOT discuss spoilers. So let everyone know - how excited are you? Are you having any parties to celebrate? Taking time off? Do you just not care at all? Are you buying a Wii for this game? Get excited!

No comments: